Saturday, January 17, 2009

T-shirt capitol of the world!

Hi!
This is Raina.
It's been non-stop here in Siem Reap since we only have a short time here. We went to most of the temples yesterday and the day before. They are beautiful. Some of them have trees growing ON them! Any description I can give right now will not do justice, so I took a bunch of pictures.

I want to thank you guys so much for the donations and everything, it means so much to me and I know it will mean so much to those girls. I am definitely getting their address so I can hopefully keep in touch, although snail mail isn't always reliable here.

We have bought so many souvenirs here...it is all super cheap and the vendors here invite a haggler. We got 11 shirts for $16 at one of them!! We got some other really col stuff including scarves, a painting, a framed relief sculpture, t-shirts, more t-shirts, and....I think some more t-shirts! There is a night market here that is open 'til midnight! Most others close at 5PM.
The only thing we didn't get to do was ride an elephant. We were going to do it today but we didn't want to have to rush. We'll just have to come back then...!

Here is part of an e-mail I wrote to my mom because we have to go pack now:

All of the temples and ruins here are beautiful!
I used up all 3 cards (5GB worth) of pictures, so I bought a 4GB for $25. They had two GB for $20...um...ok? Who wouldn't get the four GB?
Oh well.good deal...but today my camera battery died. I had another one with me, but it died too...i guess it wasn't charged all the way? It's weird, I feel like it has been doing that a lot lately, but maybe I just mix them up.
We leave Siem Reap tom. I love it here though. I bought a lot of souvenirs for people and some things for myself. Jordan got a painting today that she loves.

Love you all!
Raina

1 comment:

  1. You're either still en route, or have arrived recently, I think. So, Welcome Home!!
    Can't wait to hear your voice.
    We love you-
    Rest Up!!
    Mommy and Daddy XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

    ReplyDelete